We (PLAID, Inc.) would like to provide a personalized service experience to every customer through the business of CX (customer experience) platform "KARTE". This is a service that enables website operators to analyze the characteristics of visitors in real time and to provide "hospitality" that is most suitable for their characteristics.
In order to analyze the characteristics of visitors, information such as personal information, action history, purchase history, etc. is required. Such information handled by us is extremely important as our management base, and also valuable for customers.
1. Compliance with laws and regulations
We will comply with laws concerning the protection of personal information (hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information Protection Act"), the laws and regulations and guidelines related to the law above (hereinafter referred to as "personal information related laws, etc."), and JIS Q 15001, and we will adapt our rules regarding personal information protection including this policy to Personal Information Protection Act.
2. About the meaning of terms
In this policy, "personal information" refers to information regarding to an individual that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth and other descriptions in it. (Including those that can be easily collated with other information which enables you to identify specific individuals).
3. Identification of purpose for acquiring personal information
When acquiring personal information, we will identify the purpose of use as much as possible and restrict the extent of acquiring to that of necessary for achieving that purpose.
4. Range of personal information acquisition
In the case of obtaining personal information directly from the principal in writing, we will inform him/her of our company name, personal information protection administrator name, contact address, purpose of use, etc. and obtain personal information within the necessary range.
5. Restriction on the use of personal information
We will never handle personal information beyond the necessary range for achieving the purpose of use without obtaining the consent of the individual who possesses personal information beforehand, except where any of the following applies.
- When based on laws and ordinances.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person himself / herself.
- When it is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain consent of the person himself / herself.
- When it is necessary for a national agency, a local public entity or a person entrusted by them to cooperate in fulfilling the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a risk of interfering with performing the duties by obtaining the consent of the principal.
6. Change of purpose for personal information use
In the case of changing the purpose of using personal information, we will not exceed the range reasonably permitted to have considerable relevance to the purpose of use prior to the change, and we will notify the person himself of the changed purpose of use, or announce it in public.
7. Restriction on the use of personal information
We will properly acquire personal information in accordance with laws and regulations and will not acquire personal information by lying or other illegal means.
8. Safety management of personal information · Supervision of employees
We have set restrictions so that only those who are necessary for carrying out the work can access personal information etc. In addition, when employees handle personal information, we will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of them so that we can manage the safety of personal information.
9. Appropriate management of personal information and securing of safety
We will take necessary and appropriate safety control measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, tampering, leakage, loss and damage.
10. Outsourcing the handling of personal information
In order to achieve the purpose of use in paragraph 3 of this policy, we may consign all or part of the handling of personal information to third parties. In this case, we will select the third party appropriately from the viewpoint of protection of personal information, conclude a contract including confidentiality with the entrusted party, and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision so that the consignee can manage the security of personal information.
11. Restriction on Provision to Third Parties
We will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the consent of the person in advance except where any of the following applies.
- When based on laws and ordinances.
- In cases where personal information can be provided to a third party without consent of the individual in accordance with each item of Article 23, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
- When delegating all or part of the handling work of personal information within the necessary range for achieving the purpose of use in this policy item 3.
- When personal information is provided in accordance with the succession of business due to merger or other reasons.
12. Change of this policy
- We shall be able to change the contents of this policy from time to time at any time without obtaining prior consent of the person. When we change this policy, we will post it in a place that seems appropriate in the book and our website.
- The changes made in the preceding paragraph shall be posted on our company's website, and the contents of change will be applied at the time of one week after the posting.
13. Relationship with individual regulations
- In the event that the terms of this policy differ from what we announce and publish for each individual service or website, the individual terms shall prevail.
- We may treat it differently from this policy based on the provisions of personal information related laws and regulations.
Complaints and consultations on our policy and personal information will be handled by contacting our inquiry counter.
15. Continuous improvement of personal information protection management system
We will establish a personal information protection management system, review it periodically and continuously improve it.
Established: February 1, 2015
Last Revised: July 16, 2019
CEO Kenta Kurahashi
Inquiries about personal information protection policy
PLAID, Inc. Personal information consultation counter
GINZA SIX 10F, 6-10-1 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0061
About the handling of personal information
Purpose of Use
Personal information subject to disclosure obtained directly by us shall be used within the scope of the following purposes. In the event that a utilization purpose that does not fall within the scope of the following objective arises, we will use it after acquiring the consent for the purpose of use from the person himself/herself in the case of direct acquisition, and in other cases, we will use it after publishing it.
|Purpose of Use
|Retained Personal Data
|Personal information about client
|For sales activities and client management
|Personal information about employees / retirees
|For employment and personnel management
|Personal information about job applicants
|For contacting about selection and acceptance / rejection
|Personal information related to KARTE project
|Other personal information related to our site visitors
|Mange our services including its improvement and new development Accurately understand and respond to inquiries we receive Send information and/or communicate with applicable persons Market analysis and marketing
About request for disclosure of personal information
- If you request the disclosure, correction, addition or deletion, suspension of use, suspension of offer to third parties (hereinafter referred to as "disclosure etc.") of the purpose of use, we will conduct an internal survey on personal information and will respond without delay.
However, we may not be able to cater to the disclosure etc depending on the content of the request. In that case we will also provide the reasons.
- When requesting disclosure etc, please request by mail in accordance with the following procedure. In some cases it is not possible to accept a claim if it is inadequate. The disclosure of personal information or the request for notice of use purpose incur the stamp of 500 yen as an administrative fee per one time.
- Personal information received from the "Personal Information Disclosure Application Form" is used only for inquiries and we will not use for anything else.
|Requests by principals
When requesting disclosure etc, prepare the following documents and send by delivery recorded mail.
|Requests by agents
If the person requesting disclosure etc. is a legal representative or an agent delegated by the principal, please enclose each of the following documents in addition to the documents in the preceding paragraph.
[In the case of legal representative]
[In the case of an agent by delegation]
Contact for inquiry about personal information and request for disclosure etc.
|GINZA SIX 10F, 6-10-1 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0061
Name of Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization and the contact for complaints
|Japan Information Economic and Social Promotion Association
Personal information protection complaint consultation room
|No. 9, Roppongi 1 - chome, Minato - ku, Tokyo 106-0032
Roppongi First Building